Docoh
Loading...

NWN Northwest Natural Holding

Northwest Natural Holding Company (NYSE: NWN) (NW Natural Holdings) is headquartered in Portland, Oregon and has been doing business for more than 160 years. It owns Northwest Natural Gas Company (NW Natural), NW Natural Water Company (NW Natural Water), and other business interests and activities. NW Natural is a local distribution company that currently provides natural gas service to approximately 2.5 million people in more than 140 communities through nearly 770,000 meters in Oregon and Southwest Washington with one of the most modern pipeline systems in the nation. NW Natural consistently leads the industry with high J.D. Power & Associates customer satisfaction scores. NW Natural owns and operates 20 Bcf of underground gas storage capacity in Oregon. NW Natural Water provides water distribution and wastewater services to communities throughout the Pacific Northwest and Texas. NW Natural Water currently serves approximately 65,000 people through about 26,000 connections.

Company profile

Ticker
NWN
Exchange
CEO
David Hugo Anderson
Employees
Incorporated
Location
Fiscal year end
Industry (SIC)
SEC CIK
IRS number
930256722

NWN stock data

(
)

Calendar

26 Feb 21
22 Apr 21
31 Dec 21
Quarter (USD)
Jun 20 Mar 20 Sep 19 Jun 19
Revenue
Cost of revenue
Operating income
Operating margin
Net income
Net profit margin
Cash on hand
Change in cash
Diluted EPS
Annual (USD)
Dec 19 Dec 18 Dec 17 Dec 16
Revenue
Cost of revenue
Operating income
Operating margin
Net income
Net profit margin
Cash on hand
Change in cash
Diluted EPS

Financial data from company earnings reports.

Cash burn rate (estimated) Burn method: Change in cash Burn method: Operating income/loss Burn method: FCF (opex + capex)
Last Q Avg 4Q Last Q Avg 4Q Last Q Avg 4Q
Cash on hand (at last report) 137.06M 137.06M 137.06M 137.06M 137.06M 137.06M
Cash burn (monthly) 111.34M (positive/no burn) (positive/no burn) (positive/no burn) (positive/no burn) (positive/no burn)
Cash used (since last report) 1.09B n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a
Cash remaining -951.06M n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a
Runway (months of cash) -8.5 n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

Beta Read what these cash burn values mean

Data for the last complete 13F reporting period. To see the most recent changes to ownership, click the ownership history button above.

0.1% owned by funds/institutions
13F holders
Current Prev Q Change
Total holders 4 3 +33.3%
Opened positions 1 0 NEW
Closed positions 0 2 EXIT
Increased positions 1 1
Reduced positions 0 0
13F shares
Current Prev Q Change
Total value 92.85M 91.39M +1.6%
Total shares 20.99K 15.36K +36.7%
Total puts 0 0
Total calls 0 0
Total put/call ratio
Largest owners
Shares Value Change
Mengis Capital Management 14.15K $650K +5.9%
Headinvest 4.84K $223K NEW
Cascade Investment Advisors 2K $91.98M 0.0%
IFP Advisors 0 $0
Largest transactions
Shares Bought/sold Change
Headinvest 4.84K +4.84K NEW
Mengis Capital Management 14.15K +792 +5.9%
IFP Advisors 0 0
Cascade Investment Advisors 2K 0 0.0%

Financial report summary

?
Management Discussion
  • NATURAL GAS DISTRIBUTION. NW Natural's natural gas distribution business is subject to regulation by the OPUC and WUTC with respect to, among other matters, rates and terms of service, systems of accounts, and issuances of securities by NW Natural. In 2020, approximately 88% of NGD customers were located in Oregon, with the remaining 12% in Washington. Earnings and cash flows from natural gas distribution operations are largely determined by rates set in general rate cases and other proceedings in Oregon and Washington. They are also affected by weather, the local economies in Oregon and Washington, the pace of customer growth in the residential, commercial, and industrial markets, and NW Natural's ability to remain price competitive, control expenses, and obtain reasonable and timely regulatory recovery of its natural gas distribution-related costs, including operating expenses and investment costs in plant and other regulatory assets. See "Most Recent Completed Rate Cases" below.
Content analysis
?
Positive
Negative
Uncertain
Constraining
Legalese
Litigous
Readability
H.S. freshman Avg