CHICAGO, Sept. 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Donnelley Financial Solutions (NYSE:DFIN), a leading risk and compliance company, today released its 2021 Guide to Effective Proxies. Now in its ninth year, this comprehensive guide provides insights to help companies design proxy statements that communicate vital information about business objectives to investors, while also complying with SEC regulations.
The searchable, annual guide offers innovative and shareholder-friendly best practices derived from DFIN's deep experience managing the public filings of its extensive blue-chip client base, including over one-third of U.S. public companies. The guide also provides helpful tips for how companies can prepare for the 2022 proxy season. Organized by proxy section, topic and feature, the Guide can help transform proxy statements from traditional compliance documents to more compelling shareholder communications pieces.
Key and notable trends from this year's guide include:
- Growing Interest in ESG issues on the part of investors and other stakeholders.
- Greater Focus on People. Human Capital Management (HCM) continues to drive corporate value and success. Along with new 10-K human capital disclosures requirements, companies are increasingly disclosing workforce diversity metrics when discussing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I).
- Humanizing Executive & Board Leadership. Critical board functions and processes are becoming more transparent. This can be done via the proxy, investor presentations, sustainability reports and other documents and channels.
- Approach to Compensation. Executive compensation practices continue to be tied to the business strategy and incorporate non-financial and ESG related metrics.
- Reevaluation of Resilience. If the global pandemic has taught us anything, it's that learning from the past so we are prepared for the future in business is the key to success. Applying "lessons learned" from these disruptions, where applicable, and adjusting processes and resources is the first and most important step toward building a more resilient enterprise.
"Resilience is everything in today's global business, which is why proxies, ESG and HCM are so critical to an organization." said Ron Schneider, Director of Corporate Governance Services at DFIN. "Investors are interested in ESG-related risks and opportunities, and how resilient companies respond and communicate in the face of unpredictable events. You can have the best practices and processes, but if they aren't effectively disclosed, you won't 'get the credit' you are due."
DFIN will host its annual webcast highlighting the hot topics from the year's proxy season and how to navigate the guide. Click here to register for this event on September 28, 2021.
"Proxies have become much more than compliance documents. Today, they help investors measure risks and opportunities, and help companies enhance investor communications," said Craig Clay, President of Global Capital Markets at DFIN. "We are proud that our annual guide has become a trusted resource for all these stakeholders. We look forward to continuing to support our existing and future clients now and in the years to come."
About Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN)
DFIN is a leading global risk and compliance solutions company. We provide domain expertise, enterprise software and data analytics for every stage of our clients' business and investment lifecycles. Markets fluctuate, regulations evolve, technology advances, and through it all, DFIN delivers confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter. Learn about DFIN's end-to-end risk and compliance solutions online at DFINsolutions.com or you can also follow us on Twitter @DFINSolutions or on LinkedIn.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dfin-releases-9th-annual-guide-to-effective-proxies-showcases-critical-proxy-disclosure-trends-301382372.html
SOURCE Donnelley Financial Solutions