Thu. 14 Oct 2021, 4:07pm ETBenzinga
- Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI) unveiled a 15-liter natural gas engine for heavy-duty trucks, marking an important part of its strategy for its path to zero emissions.
- Cummins expects the expanding product lineup to help achieve its PLANET 2050 environmental goals.
- The 15-liter natural gas engine can be paired with a Cummins Eaton Automated Transmission Technologies Endurant HD Transmission and Cummins Fuel Delivery System.
- The 15-liter engine will offer ratings up to 500hp and 1,850 ft-lbs of torque and is expected to weigh 500 lbs less than comparable 15-liter diesel engines currently available on the market.
- "We believe this natural gas option is a game-changer as a cost-competitive power option to existing diesel powertrains in heavy-duty trucking, making it a great complement to reduce CO2 emissions," said Srikanth Padmanabhan, President, Engine Business, Cummins.
- Price Action: CMI shares closed higher by 3.11% at $238.73 on Thursday.