One Big Thing In Fintech: On Tuesday, a Canadian investment firm that focuses on decentralized finance (DeFi) called Tokens.com purchased nearly $2.5 million worth of virtual land in the platform Decentraland.
Other Key Fintech Developments:
- ICBA launches a venture fund.
- KeyBank eyes B2B payments.
- Horizon, MERJ intro trade app.
- Future Fintech will launch app.
- AQUAOSO secures an award.
- TruePay secures $32M round.
- Juspay to be valued at $4-5M.
- Nubank is honing ecommerce.
- Klarna to intro ‘Pay Now’ in US.
- Ontology, bloXmove partnered.
- Volume has opened in the UK.
- FairXchange has been bought.
- USIO closes on an investment.
- Klarna offers ‘Pay Now’ option.
- Stripe happy to remain private.
- Column Tax adds $5.1M seed.
- LendingClub looking to growth.
- Klarna hones in on US market.
- FIDE announces NFT offering.
- Payhawk adds a $112M round.
Watch Out For This: One of NASA’s most exciting and unusual missions in years, the Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART), is scheduled to launch tonight on its way to strike and deflect an incoming space rock millions of miles from Earth.
- JPM regains world domination.
- Russian doll of cryptocurrency.
- Regulators target BNPL boom.
- Hospitals getting overwhelmed.
Market Moving Headline: JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE:JPM) Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon quipped that his bank is likely to outlast China’s Communist Party, while reiterating his company’s commitment to doing business in the country.