When insiders purchase or sell shares, it indicates their confidence or concern around the company's prospects. Investors and traders interested in penny stocks can consider this a factor in their overall investment or trading decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider transactions for penny stocks. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
- The Trade: Liberated Syndication Inc. (OTC:LSYN) 10% owner Camac Partners Llc acquired a total of 438791 shares at an average price of $3.00. To acquire these shares, it cost $1,316,373.00.
- What’s Happening: The company’s shares dropped 4% over the previous month.
- What Liberated Syndication Does: Liberated Syndication Inc is engaged in providing podcast hosting services offering hosting and distribution tools which include storage, bandwidth, RSS creation, distribution, and statistics tracking.
- The Trade: FlexShopper, Inc. (NASDAQ:FPAY) Director Howard Dvorkin acquired a total of 45606 shares at an average price of $2.50. The insider spent $113,990.76 to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: The company recently posted mixed quarterly results.
- What FlexShopper Does: FlexShopper Inc operates as a holding company in the United States, is engaged in providing certain types of durable goods to consumers on a lease-to-own basis and providing lease-to-own (LTO) terms to consumers of third-party retailers and e-tailers.
Western Asset Mortgage Capital
- The Trade: Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corporation (NYSE:WMC) Chief Investment Officer Greg Handler acquired a total of 75000 shares at an average price of $2.17. To acquire these shares, it cost $162,737.65.
- What’s Happening: The company, earlier during the month, reported Q3 results.
- What Western Asset Mortgage Capital Does: Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corp is a specialty financial REIT company managing diversified mortgage-market investment portfolio.
Charles & Colvard
- The Trade: Charles & Colvard, Ltd. (NASDAQ:CTHR) Director Ollin Sykes acquired a total of 18747 shares at an average price of $3.03. The insider spent $56,803.41 to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: The company, earlier during the month, posted upbeat quarterly results.
- What Charles & Colvard Does: Charles & Colvard Ltd manufactures, markets and distributes finished jewellery which also includes moissanite gemstone in the jewellery market.