Company profile

Ticker
SWCH
Exchange
CEO
Rob Roy
Employees
Incorporated in
Location
Fiscal year end
AlphabetFacebookIHS MarkitSabreTwitterTripAdvisorSnapMatchInternapSVMK ...
SEC CIK

SWCH stock data

(
)

Calendar

10 May 19
15 Jul 19
31 Dec 19

News

Company financial data Financial data

Quarter (USD) Mar 19 Dec 18 Sep 18 Jun 18
Revenue 107.03M 103.21M 102.77M 102.16M
Net income 700K 2.55M 6K 821K
Diluted EPS 0.01 0.05 0 0.02
Net profit margin 0.65% 2.47% 0.01% 0.80%
Operating income 15.48M 16.91M 12.53M 15.83M
Net change in cash 5.4M -22.95M -79.49M -54.56M
Cash on hand 86.96M 81.56M 104.51M 184M
Cost of revenue 57.3M 55.21M 59.15M 55.19M
Annual (USD) Dec 18 Dec 17 Dec 16 Dec 15
Revenue 405.86M 378.28M 318.35M 265.87M
Net income 4.05M -15.21M 31.37M 73.47M
Diluted EPS 0.09 -1.88 0.15 0.37
Net profit margin 1.00% -4.02% 9.85% 27.63%
Operating income 54.68M 18.83M 51.07M 79.56M
Net change in cash -183.11M 241.95M 8.52M
Cash on hand 81.56M 264.67M 22.71M 14.19M
Cost of revenue 224.41M 198.23M 168.84M 141.06M

Financial data from company earnings reports

Financial report summary

?
Management Discussion
  • Switch, Inc. | Q1 2019 Form 10-Q | 23
  • Revenue increased by $9.3 million, or 10%, for the three months ended March 31, 2019, compared to the three months ended March 31, 2018. The increase was primarily attributable to increases of $8.5 million in colocation revenue and $0.7 million in connectivity revenue, both of which resulted from an increased volume of sales to existing and new customers. Of the overall increase, 47% was attributable to new customers initiating service after March 31, 2018, and the remaining 53% was attributable to growth from existing customers. Our revenue churn rate, which we define as the reduction in recurring revenue attributable to customer terminations or non-renewal of expired contracts, divided by revenue at the beginning of the period, was 0.1% during each of the three months ended March 31, 2019 and 2018.
  • Switch, Inc. | Q1 2019 Form 10-Q | 24
Content analysis ?
Positive
Negative
Uncertain
Constraining
Legalese
Litigous
Readability
H.S. freshman Avg
New words: adequacy, affirmative, behalf, category, cautionary, challenging, claim, commercially, compensatory, comply, concentration, consummate, Cordova, coverage, customary, cyber, embedded, environmental, evolving, expressed, favor, foregoing, geographic, hedge, hedging, hybrid, identity, importance, important, inability, influence, instrument, journal, labor, list, mitigate, monopoly, noncontrolling, notional, opt, petition, private, PUCN, quantified, refund, relationship, relevant, reply, revise, revised, rule, ruling, segregation, slowdown, statute, stay, strike, Supreme, swap, Tamara, timeline, unexpected, unforeseen, unrealized, volatility, word, writ, zoning
Removed: accompany, accurately, acquire, acquisition, affiliated, analyze, analyzed, approved, approximate, ASC, attempt, attention, attributed, award, Bulletin, capitalization, Chairman, clarity, Codification, combine, commitment, commodity, conform, converted, covenant, criteria, defunct, delivery, dispose, dissolve, diversity, divert, Donald, Eastern, eligible, emerge, enactment, escrow, event, exercisable, factor, federally, firm, forfeited, forfeiture, Founder, grant, guarantee, harm, hour, impairment, incentive, incorporation, incorrectly, indirectly, inherent, insured, intend, intrinsic, lesser, light, liquid, liquidate, managed, Master, member, merge, minimum, modification, Morgan, note, obtained, occupancy, patented, physical, preceding, predecessor, predict, pretax, promoted, provision, provisional, qualitative, quantitative, quoted, rapidly, registrant, relating, reserved, restrict, Rob, RSU, SAB, sale, scheduling, scope, sell, short, Snyder, split, Stanley, stranded, Tenaska, Tom, ultimate, unlawfully, vested